Four steps to filing a claim
Step 1: Contact your employer
- Employees are encouraged to contact their employer before their claim will be investigated.
Step 2: Collect and keep important documents
- Completing the Claim Form will be easier if relevant documents are available.
- These documents can also help with the claim investigation. Do not send the documents until requested.
Step 3: Fill out the Claim Form
- Mandatory information is marked by asterisks (). Missing information may cause a delay in processing your claim.
- Please note: you cannot be threatened or punished by an employer, or a person acting on behalf of an employer because you are filing this claim form.
Step 4: Submit your claim and receive confirmation
- Once the claim is submitted, a claim number will be provided along with links to the completed claim and a confirmation letter. Please save and/or print these documents for future reference.
- Please file your claim only once. Do not file another claim to provide additional information.
- After submitting your claim, contact the Ministry of Labour if you change your address, phone number, email address, or if you want to make any changes to the claim. Please be sure to include your claim number.